very nice list you’ve got here… so many more people would know and perhaps appreciate the multitude of healing systems we can choose from…
Here are 15 factoids you may not know about acupuncture:
- Originally acupuncture needles were not made of stainless steel but of stone, bamboo, and bone.
- Studies have shown that acupuncture points have significantly more electrical conductivity than areas of skin without acupuncture points.
- Acupuncture can increase the success rate of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) up to 65%.
- The word acupuncture comes from the Latin acus, “needle” and pungere, “to prick.”
- Acupuncture needles are single use, sterilized and pre-packaged.
- Acupuncture is over 5,000 years old and is one of the oldest practicing forms of medicine known to date.
- When performed by a properly trained and licensed practitioner, acupuncture is safe and effective, free from negative side effects.
- Even though a needle is being inserted into the skin, acupuncture is virtually painless.
- Acupuncture needles are a lot smaller than standard hypodermic needles, and they do not draw blood and are not hollow.
- Acupuncturists feel…
View original post 207 more words